simpli dental offers teeth cleaning in Regina! But is it necessary? Read on to find out why we think it is…
Why are the dentist and hygienist always nagging me to get my teeth cleaned every four to six months? In short, it’s because we care about your oral health!
Regular dental hygiene through professional scaling and root planing helps maintain the supporting structures of the teeth. When teeth are clean we accomplish the following:
- Healthy gums that are pink and do not bleed. In contracts, inflamed gums are red and bleed easily.
- Lack of deep pockets. We all have pockets that exist between our gums and our teeth. When we have gingivitis or periodontitis we get deep pockets that are difficult to clean, harbor bacteria and cause bone loss.
- Stable teeth. When our gums and bone are healthy, we avoid periodontal disease that can result in loose teeth, pain and the need for extraction.
- Good breath. Clean teeth and gums result in fresher smelling breath.
We need to get our teeth cleaned on a regular basis to remove tartar, calculus and plaque that build up on teeth. When cleaned off, they will accumulate again and need to be removed. Most people on regular oral hygiene maintenance get their teeth cleaned every four to six months.
Some other important things to know about oral hygiene:
- We get tartar or calculus on our teeth that can not be removed with floss or a toothbrush. It needs to be “scaled” off with professional instruments that a dental hygienist uses.
- Gingivitis is the inflammation of the gums.
- Periodontal disease or periodontitis is inflammation of the gums with bone loss.
- Periodontitis usually starts with gingivitis.
- Bone loss can result in tooth loss.
- There has been shown to be a link between periodontal disease and heart disease.
Don’t hesitate to contact us if you would like to schedule a teeth cleaning.
Pricing for teeth cleaning at simpli dental in Regina as well as other services provided by us can be found on our pricing page.